Let me get this out the way first. I have very little knowledge, and even less interest in Rugby. But what I do know about rugby is that:
- Along with cricket, it is the national past time of South Africa
- It involves a lot of stopping and crashing into each other
- If you have the ball in your hand, there is a distinct possibility that you won’t have it in your hand in a few seconds
- Everybody (except for me) is an expert
- A game or rugby (thankfully) takes a lot shorter than even the shortest game of cricket, and is only marginally more interesting
- It is very important in a social environment to have an opinion on rugby
- It does make for a good photoshoot
I took these shots at one of the club fields just down the road from us. I can’t tell you much except that everybody was supporting the players in blue, but the players in black seemed to be winning the game. So I guess the home team were not doing too well.
Here are the rest of the shots.