“Obscurity is a far greater threat to authors and creative artists than piracy.” Tim O’Reilly
Do you want to use one of my photos?
I love to see my photos being used out there, but I put a lot of work and energy into creating the best photos I can, so please read the below guidelines before using one of my photos. All photos are protected by the Creative Commons, Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike license.
You are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix — to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work to Craig Strachan (preferably via a link back to this site).
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
Non-commercial use includes:
- Your personal blog that does not make any money
- Your desktop picture
- Your child’s art project
For commercial use
Please ask me and I will be happy to negotiate a license with you. The cost depends on:
- Size of image
- Duration of use (how long it is going to be used for)
- Media (Eg: magazine, website, billboard, TV etc)
Commercial use includes:
- Incoming generating businesses
- Not for profit incoming generating organisations (eg charities, NGO’s etc)
- News websites and portals
If you are not sure then please ask. I love to see my photos being used, and I will be happy to assist.